Please call 263-3082 to reserve a meeting room. All organizations and groups must read and sign a policy statement. Scroll down to view the statement, or click here for a printable copy. Rooms may be reserved during regular library hours and after hours. Please note due to patron activity in the library privacy is limited in some rooms. If meeting after library hours special instructions will be given.
Rooms available on the Carnegie level:
The Jordan Room seats between 18-20 people. The tables may be arranged in a classroom type setting or as shown in the picture. This room is best for groups that would like privacy. The Jordan room does contain a sink and counter.
The Genealogy Room seats eight people. This room contains pocket doors if privacy is desired during library hours.
A Kitchen is located on the east side of the Carnegie Room. The kitchen contains a refrigerator and microwave. Please see the policy statement below for more information.
Other meeting rooms:
The Community Living Room seats around 15 people. Because this room is located on the reference and biography level library patrons may frequent the room during library hours. Please ask if interested in reserving this room during library hours.
The Abilene Public Library encourages public use of meeting rooms, creating a place where people may gather to learn and participate in community activities.
- The meeting rooms are available at no charge to non-profit groups to help serve the community’s needs for educational, civic, informational, and cultural enrichment.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for political rallies or campaigns for specific partisan political issues or candidates. Forums and study groups for educational purposes are allowed.
- Library activities and services take precedence over scheduling of meeting rooms for other groups.
- Scheduling should be done by calling the Library at 263-3082. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No tobacco or alcohol products are allowed. No flame producing or hazardous devices may be used in the Library. Refreshments may be served and the kitchen facilities used. The Library has coffee pots available for your use but does not provide coffee, cups or other paper products.
- Public use of the meeting rooms may not interfere with the library’s operation. Policies regarding patron behavior apply to meeting room use. Children must have adequate adult supervision.
- With prior approval, groups may post signs in library approved locations.
- Set up and special arrangements of chairs and tables are the responsibility of the user. After the meeting, please:
- Return all tables and chairs to the original set up.
- Place all trash in the receptacles provided.
- Report any spills to the staff immediately.
- Remove all personal effects.
The Abilene Public Library is not liable for injuries to individuals or for damages to or the loss of property of individuals or groups using a meeting room.
Failure to abide by these policies or to cooperate with Abilene Public Library staff may result in loss of meeting room privileges.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way act as an endorsement by the Library Board or staff of the group’s policies or beliefs.